Several things must be completed in a specific order prior to taking a CDL test.
1. You must be medically qualified. This is accomplished by taking and passing a D.O.T. Medical exam. During this exam you will be asked questions about your medical history as well as current vitals and other tests.
2. Medical certification can be for up to two years, some with controlled medical conditions may be required to take a DOT Medical physical more often than person who do not have a medical condition.
You are required to register your medical certification with your local DMV.
3. You must take and pass several knowledge tests to earn a Commercial learners permit. All students who attend SBL are also required to have a tanker endorsement on their learners permit.
4. You must take and pass a DOT Drug screen.
5. You must successfully take the mandated entry level driver training training modules, these include subjects such hours of service, shipping papers and others. At SBL we offer these training modules in an online format.
6. You must complete hands on training.
7. All of the required training has a minimum score of 80% on all topics and subjects.
8. All of your training scores must be entered into the Federal data base.
9. You are now ready to take the CDL test.